Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas Penny Rug

With all the Thanksgiving preparations I haven't had much time to sit and stitch, but yesterday I finally finished another one of my WIP's. I took Lisa Bongean's penny rug class at the 2010 Primitives of the Midwest event and had most of the motifs attached, but hadn't completed the stitching and details.

Lisa's original design included all kinds of little branches gracefully cascading off the evergreen vine, but I went with a simpler version, just to tie it all together. If I included the vines I'd still be stitching and I have another WIP to finish before Christmas!

11 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish. That is one of the cutest Christmas candle mats I've seen.

Shirlee said...

I agree with Stray Stitches ... one of the nicest Christmas candle mats I've ever seen. You did a great job! Blessings, Shirlee

Hilachas said...

Gorgeous.

annie said...

It's just beautiful. I love the colors and details.

Karen~The Barely There Primitive Bear said...

Beautiful and you did a great job.

Blessings~Karen

TheCrankyCrow said...

Roberta - that is positively GORGEOUS!!! And those little evergreen branches look almost real...You do such amazing work!! LOVE it! Have a wonderful Wednesday! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Pretty!!!
smiles
Teresa

Unknown said...

Lovely!

Raymond Homestead said...

I love it! It turned out really nice! I want to stitch something but I just can't make up my mind what.

Pam B said...

I agree, it's really beautiful! Where can we get a pattern for one of those?

Hugs,
Pam

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Roberta,
The colors in this mat are just wonderful and happen to be two of my favorites....red and black!
You so such a great job with all of your lovely handstitching too!
Hugs and Blessings~~
Julie