Sunday, November 3, 2013

Woods Chapel Quilt Show

I'm glad we have an extra hour this weekend because there are a lot of great happenings going on in Kansas City. After reading  Me and My Stitches and learning that Julie would be vending at a nearby quilt show I took the opportunity to meet this talented artist and fellow Iowa native. Julie's booth was a hub of activity but we managed a few minutes to chat and she is as warm and delightful as you would imagine. It was amazing to see her work in person. Each little charm is a meticulously made treasure as you can see from this adorable fob that I will long enjoy.
The quilts at the show were also amazing. I've never tried quilting--I always think that is something I'll do when I retire because I'm busy enough with my current hobbies--but seeing these made me wish I could find the time now.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
As a crafter, I was very impressed with the craftmanship and the color selection. Colors I wouldn't think to use together looked wonderful in these beautiful pieces.We were given a ballot to vote on winners in various categories and a best in show. It was hard to pick a favorite, but this one won my vote for BIS. It featured elaborate machine embroidery and the lady who made it must have possessed a lot of patience and expertise.
 

1 comment:

Me and My Stitches said...

Thanks again for coming to the show! It was so great to meet you and be able to chat for a few minutes!