Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Preparations

I will be doing my first craft show of the year this weekend. I have been taking part in the Antique and Craft fair at the Bingham Waggoner Estate for probably about twelve years. Most of the time, I've done the show with my friend Leslie and sometimes another crafter.

Booth in 2009


It's a great show to do and I always enjoy reconnecting with crafting and antiquing friends.

Whimsicals Floral Mat

I've made this design a few times, although I think this latest effort is my favorite. The background is an overdyed dark brown plaid and the pennies are blanket stitched in a dark brown. This mat would look nice on my kitchen table, but one of these days I'll get around to making one for myself.

Robin's Nest Pillow

Another project I managed to finish this weekend. The background is an old flour sack and I added a favorite saying in stitches above the design.

Goin' to the Show

Some of the things I've finished over the past few months and will be taking to the show. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a dry day. We've had a lot of rain and thunderstorms this summer, but right now the forecast is for a clear, but hot day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HELLO!! I was so excited to see your comment....and find out you have a BLOG, too! Yours looks awesome, Roberta!!

Yes, I will be at the sale this weekend...it's my FAVORITE show of the year. I love to meet up with my buddies and shop and eat and shop and eat!!! We manage to spend hours there!

I'm looking forward to seeing you!! I, too, hope there is NO rain!! L, Dana