Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Simply Primitives Time!


I am really drawn to gardening designs this month. Here's the items I'm offering for sale on this month's Simply Primitives.


I have three little pillows, all made from JoAnn Mulally designs. They're wool applique backed with coordinating quilt fabric and edged with hand dyed chenille.
And here's the Strawberry Trio mat from a Primitive Gatherings design. I gave a close-up peek at this in a previous posting. I love the color of the strawberries. I tend to buy brownish-red wool so I had to look for some that had more of a strawberry color and I'm happy with what I found!


I will be busily stitching away this summer. Out of the blue I received a call from the organizer of Handcrafters, a wonderful local show. This is one of those shows where people are lined up to get in the door and the vendors are closely screened to make sure they're offering truly hand crafted items. I'm really excited about this opportunity, but it will mean cranking up the production schedule and switching my focus from the garden to fall and Christmas. Hmmm, maybe a gardening witch?

9 comments:

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Beautiful work!
smiles
Teresa

Angela said...

Love your pillows but the table runner with the strawberries is beautiful. Love it. Congrat. on your fsll show. It will be here before you know it. Have fun creating for it. Have a great day.

Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christine said...

Beautiful work!! The chenille edging is something I've not seen before and I was admiring on your pillows!
Congrats on being chosen to be part of the craft fair - your work speaks for itself!
Best wishes
Christine

Raymond Homestead said...

Wow Roberta, love your items!

annie said...

just beautiful, love the first 2 esp., thanks for letting us see your wonderful work.

TheCrankyCrow said...

What wonderful work Roberta! All are adorable - but I'm in serious love with that little strawberry mat!!! It's just so sweet!! Congrats on being asked to do the show - sounds like an honor - and lucky folks who get a chance to own your work. I think a gardening witch sounds delightful! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Beckyjean said...

Lovely items Roberta!!

Anonymous said...

Roberta,
I love all your stitcheries, especially the runner. I am a follower now. I see you are one of my followers. I am having a giveaway over at my blog for a thank you to my 1st 50 followers. Dead line is 6/26
Just leave me a comment on my blog and I will add your name to the drawing.
Have a nice day
Tamera
Country at heart