Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Early Work Mercantile Update

It's always a good day when I dig through my wool stash and find just the snippet I need! Below is the completed Tulip Sampler Pillow. I changed the colors on a Blackbird Designs piece and then decided I needed to add a wool accent. If I was smart I would have picked the wool first and then keyed the floss colors to match, but luckily it all worked out to my satisfaction.
This past week has been a little discouraging as I've been hit by a cold virus that really left me feeling drained. I don't like being home and not feeling up to doing anything, but at least if I have to lay around I have a couple of warm kitties to snuggle with!

8 comments:

ctlogcabin said...

Beautiful !! Feel Better Soon.
Hugs ~ Connie xox

Jan - Life on Buttermilk Hill said...

Your pillow is just beautiful. Hope you feel better soon! Kitties always make us feel better!-Jan

Unknown said...

Such a cute pillow! Hope you feel better soon Roberta.

Christine said...

Perfect color match for a beautiful finish!
Hope you get back to normal soon!
Best wishes
Christine

Trace4J said...

I think it all worked out beautifully! Hope your are feeling better soon friend. Snuggle time with our furry kids always helps!
Hugs Trace

www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Wishing you well shake that bug off~
Beautiful work~
smiles
Teresa

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

Your work is beautiful. The colors did turn out so well together.
Hugs,
Susan

Prims By The Water said...

Hope you are feeling better. Love the pillow. Take care, Janice