Monday, May 27, 2013

~ Happy Memorial Day ~

God Bless all the veterans and those currently serving in the military. We all owe them such a debt of thanks and I can't even imagine what it is like to be deployed in a war zone. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

It has been hard to find the time and inspiration to post. I am in awe of all of you who continue to do this regularly. I hope to get back on track because I miss my online friends! You all inspire and motivate me so much.

The rain is coming down here but hopefully we will see the sun again later today. We have been blessed with wonderful weather for the past few days and I spent a lot of it in the garden. We lost some plants to last year's drought and the yard is still recovering, so we welcome and appreciate rainy days like today!
Veronica "Royal Candles"
Coleus and Vinca among the fading tulips
Vegetable Beds All Planted!
Tropicals from Walmart--They have a great selection!
New Stepping Stone-From the Summer's Garden
Kiska is pretty much all grown up now. She doesn't look too pleased about being photographed but she is really a sweet and playful girl.
Hope you have a wonderful holiday!

11 comments:

My Colonial Home said...

Morning Roberta,
Your gardens and decor look so pretty - thanks for sharing on this wonderful Memorial weekend.
We are having rain too - but we kind of need it.
Blessings,
Karen

My Colonial Home said...

Opps, I was going to say how beautiful Kiska is...love his beautiful fur - so pretty and soft looking.
Karen

Earlene said...

You have a very nice yard!!
Kisksa is so pretty.
Have fun working in your yard this summer.
blessings
Earlene

Prims By The Water said...

What a pretty garden! Happy Memorial Day and yes a great big thank you to all the soldiers who make it happen for us to enjoy our freedom. Janice

Trace4J said...

Love your gardens.
And my how your sweetie has grown.
Happy Memorial Day

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Happy Memorial Day!
Such pretty/beautiful gardens you have. It's been rainy here too ~ but like you said it's nice to have those days too. I just wish it wasn't so cold.
Kiska is a beautiful kitty ~ love her gray coat.
Prim Blessings
Robin

annie said...

You have a beautiful garden!

My Colonial Home said...

Eeee Gads...don't you hate those 'Anonymous' comments that ADVERTISE....I took Anonymous off my comments settings because I was getting way too many of them.
Karen

Raymond Homestead said...

I know what you mean about being busy. I haven't done much posting myself. Your flowers look pretty and love the sweet kitty picture!

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

Hi Roberta! Thanks for sharing your garden pictures! :-)

Donna said...

Hi Roberta. Your garden/yard looks beautiful.