Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Seasons Greetings!

 
Hope your Christmas was full of merriment. I love the beautiful candlelight Christmas Eve service at our church. I needed the comfort of this familiar service and the message of hope about how all of us can do our part to push back the darkness that many experience just by doing little acts of kindness. "We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love." Mother Teresa
Many of our Christmas decorations will be taken down and packed away next week, but I'm going to keep this arrangement of fresh greens in my urn as long as it holds up. It's a nice spot of cheer when everything else is brown and drab.
A.J. & Mark arrived home safely very early Christmas Eve, so while I was anxiously awaiting their arrival I used the extra time to finally finish up my very first Prim Sisters Club project, an adorable design by Pineberry Lane. It has a little pocket on the back for sewing needfuls so it will help keep me organized in 2013.
I worked on Christmas Eve but am fortunate to have some time off this week so after all the busyness of the season I'm looking forward to spending time in my sewing room assembling projects! What do you do to unwind from the hectic holiday season?

6 comments:

annie said...

I enjoyed our candlelight service too. When it is over, we go outside in the road, and sing to our little town about the love of Jesus. All of us in a circle, holding our lit candles in the night,letting our little light shine.

We are playing catch up with a bit of outside work today, tonight the snow and cold wind is coming, we will snuggle down in warmth and watch old movies and be glad of the rest after the celebrations.

Hope you have a wonderful week!

Unknown said...

We were at the 7pm service, it was beautiful and moving as always. I am excited to head upstairs and sew now that the hustle and bustle is over! Take care and Happy New Year Roberta!

jennifer768 said...

I love your finished piece.Crafting is a relief for me.Hugs,Jen

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

Merry Christmas Roberta and happy stitching this week! Nan

Lil Raggedy Angie said...

Merry Christmas Roberta ...I hope you enjoy your "you " time this week . hugs lil raggedy angie

Raymond Homestead said...

Love your finished project, I haven't cross stitched forever. I enjoy making all kinds of things. The next thing on my list of possible things to try is making soap!