Monday, December 17, 2012

Simply Primitives Update

I've completed a couple of Christmas projects in time for this month's Simply Primitives. If you have a chance please drop by and see what all my talented friends there have to offer this month.
Threads that Bind Design
Buttermilk Basin Design
You might notice that my photos this month were very basic. Friday wrapped up a crazy week here. In addition to uploading my photos and descriptions for SP I had to complete a couple of projects at work and we hosted small dinner party that evening

For party favors I gave each couple this cute little dish I found at Michaels...
and a bag of homemade granola

Ladies sat together in the dining room and the guys congregated in the kitchen near the beer and dessert. We usually play at least one game of Pictionary--our friends in Iowa introduced us to this game and it gets quite hilarious--especially when our drawings are really awful.


I join so many others in sending prayers to those who are grieving the loss of the babies and the brave teachers and administrators who tried to protect them in Newtown. I don't have the words to express my sorrow and thoughts of this horrific act will be with me throughout the holiday season. I'm praying the 23rd Psalm and wishing for peace, God's comfort and hope for all those who grieve.

The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures:
He leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul:
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name' sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: For thou art with me;
Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies;
Thou annointest my head with oil; My cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the House of the Lord forever.
.

1 comment:

My Colonial Home said...

Hi Roberta...goodness what a gorgeous tablescape. Your hostess gifts are just perfect.
Well it seems your gathering is like most I know...guys and gals seperated but that's okay...always end up coming together at some point and enjoying the event.
Blessings and a very Merry Christmas
Karen