Sunday, July 21, 2013

Finishes

Finished and framed! The last design from the first year of the Prim Sister's Club.
Design by Pineberry Lane
My friend Leslie stocks up on great old frames whenever she comes across them and I've started doing the same. I was happy to repurpose this rustic pine frame and loved its warm patina with the Prim Sisters piece.
Design by Brenda Gervais
The second piece is one I finished probably two years ago, I'm embarrassed to say. I just couldn't find a frame that would work with this piece so I had it framed at Michaels. Both will go in my laundry room which overlooks our fenced in vegetable garden.

I was bit by the cleaning and organizing bug.


I know it's time for a sweep when I dread walking into my craft room because it's so disorganized and messy. Now I love opening the door and actually being able to see the carpet!
 
Moving day for our son! Setting up a new apartment means hitting local thrift stores and rummage sales, as if I need an excuse. It also makes me feel old when I run across pieces that we owned 30 years ago that are now considered to be "antiques".

3 comments:

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

Your 2 newly framed pieces are wonderful. I have Brenda's design and it is one I have always wanted to put a needle to. Alas, so little time. Smiles, Nan

Three Sheep Studio said...

Your two finishes are lovely !
What a great idea to stock up on interesting old frames.
I see so many at yard sales - really old beautiful ones that are being sold for cheap, cheap !
Time to get an old box and start gathering ;)
Rose

Patti said...

Wow Roberta! You are really finishing up those Prim Sisters Club pieces! I haven't even started one yet... *sigh* I just admire the designs for now :)
Lovely finishes!
Blessings, Patti