Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Simply Primitives February Offerings

I admit I still have snowmen decorating my house, but I'm ready to look ahead to spring with this month's Simply Primitives offerings. I love Bird in the Hand's designs and this little bunny guy is no exception. He's made from stained muslin with stitched eyes and funny little stiffened whiskers.
Egg Hunt

I also really like this design by Waltzing with Bears. I think it would look great made in a variety of colors. Last month I used reds and greens for this same design and this month put a somewhat monochromatic spin on it. I wouldn't mind if all my house was done in these colors--I think it would be calming to come home to.
Shades of Winter Pillow
Pillow Detail












The wool used in the hearts is a very unique piece. It has a somewhat tweedy look but I started with that piece and tried to select the rest of the wool to coordinate.
Velor Backing



 I wouldn't mind if all my house was done in these colors--I think it would be calming to come home to. Here's one little corner of my craft room with similar colors. The fabric bird was made by Maggie Bonanomi, the quail print is from a wonderful local store called Nell Hill's and the little "book" is actually a box--one of my last finds from The Curious Sofa.

2 comments:

Raymond Homestead said...

The bunny is so cute! Love that pillow, isn't it something the different looks you can get with the same pattern, using different colors?! Of course the Maggie bird is so neat!

Moonpie primitives said...

Hi Roberta:
Your bunny made me laugh...He is super cute...
Great pillow, I love the wools... I can't wait to see what you make next..
Happy sewing, Nancy