Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Platte City Antique Show

Twice a year, the Platte City High School north of Kansas City is filled with wonderful antiques and the bustle of happy shoppers. We always get to the show early and anxiously wait in line for the doors to open. It's always a blessing when the spring weather cooperates because the wait can get quite chilly. Definitely worth it, though!
The first thing that caught my eye were these cake plates from. I have my mother's little plate that held the first birthday cake for my sisters and me and the grandkids. Special memories, but I learned from Romney Savage Baker of Old Friends Antiques & Collectibles that the small plates were probably used to hold cheese!
She also had this sweet display of toy irons.

Loved all the gardening displays!
Interesting Picture
Ignore the reflection in the glass but I liked this unique composition. How long do you think it took to make all those little yoyos for the urn? Someone had a lot of patience!

No comments: