Sunday, November 3, 2013

Woods Chapel Quilt Show

I'm glad we have an extra hour this weekend because there are a lot of great happenings going on in Kansas City. After reading  Me and My Stitches and learning that Julie would be vending at a nearby quilt show I took the opportunity to meet this talented artist and fellow Iowa native. Julie's booth was a hub of activity but we managed a few minutes to chat and she is as warm and delightful as you would imagine. It was amazing to see her work in person. Each little charm is a meticulously made treasure as you can see from this adorable fob that I will long enjoy.
The quilts at the show were also amazing. I've never tried quilting--I always think that is something I'll do when I retire because I'm busy enough with my current hobbies--but seeing these made me wish I could find the time now.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
As a crafter, I was very impressed with the craftmanship and the color selection. Colors I wouldn't think to use together looked wonderful in these beautiful pieces.We were given a ballot to vote on winners in various categories and a best in show. It was hard to pick a favorite, but this one won my vote for BIS. It featured elaborate machine embroidery and the lady who made it must have possessed a lot of patience and expertise.
 

2 comments:

Raggedy Creations said...

beautiful quilts. I would have picked the same one for Best in Show too. Wonder if it actually won the award.

Felicia

Me and My Stitches said...

Thanks again for coming to the show! It was so great to meet you and be able to chat for a few minutes!