Sunday, April 17, 2011

Friday Finds

I have been anxiously awaiting Greenwood's spring antique show "On the Veranda". Friday was gloomy and rainy and not very spring-like outside, but inside Greenwood Antique Mall it was a different story!
This isn't a big show, but the vendors outdo themselves with beautiful garden pieces and creative displays. Ginger's booth was full of her wonderful primitives and folded paper creations and concrete and terrariums made by Ron.
Fancy Folds by Ginger
Two of Ron's Terrariums
After visiting the show I headed upstairs to check out the rest of the mall as well as the dealers at Greenwood Mercantile and visited my favorite shop, Old Glory and Friends.
Porch Decor at Greenwood Antique Mall
I found some old wooden clothespins to use for storing my lace trim and an old flour sack. I have a weakness for concrete in the garden and claimed this charming urn as soon as I saw it in Ginger's booth.
This photo doesn't do it justice. It's not a huge urn, so I think I'll use it as a centerpiece on my table on the deck. I see it planted with trailing asparagus ferns and maybe a colorful dahlia.

2 comments:

Raymond Homestead said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures! Love the chair and flowers, striking!

Anonymous said...

Oh.My.Goodness. ! I am soooo loving that green chair ! Is it available for sale ??? ... and how in all glory would I get it to the Pacific Northwest ????