Monday, April 18, 2011

Weekend Work

Just in time for Easter, I finished a little hanging pillow from The Sampler Girl. Coffee stained and finished with a strip of coordinating plaid wool and antique buttons.
I also finished up my projects for this month's Simply Primitives.The spring pillow tuck is from a design by The Stitcherhood trimmed it with a soft cotton braid. Pillow itself isn't actually purple as it looks here due to the lighting, but more of a heather color.


I made two versions of this Blackbird design pillow. One went to Wendy for our recent swap, but I liked the design so much I made another for this month's Simply Primitives. I don't use a lot of blues in my work, but had some overdyed blue wool that really went well with the other colors used here. Over the years I've really become very particular about coordinating colors in my projects.  Often, as was the case here, I'll cut out the pieces and assemble them only to realize that I don't have exactly the right shade for the project which leads to a raid of my stash to find just the right color that suits me. Still learning, though!

5 comments:

Raymond Homestead said...

Very nice! I'm always picky about using the shades I like also!

natalysneedle said...

Great finishes. Love the blackbird pillow.

BumbleBeeLane said...

The all turned out perfect.Like the faith one the best.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Christine said...

I love all of your pieces and the colors of the wool in the blackbird pillow are just lovely!
Best wishes
Christine

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Roberta~

Your work is always so lovely! Being particular makes it so much more special!! Thanks for sharing!!

Blessings~~
Julie