Thursday, April 7, 2011

Friday Finds at Round Top

Somehow, I managed to talk my husband into going to the Round Top Antique Fair for a day. Actually, he had no idea what he was getting himself into and frankly it was a lot bigger and way more fabulous than I anticipated as well.
Early Morning

Love the Chandelier!


Donna's Booth at the Margburger Show
A day isn't enough to see everything. As I mentioned in a previous post, Donna provided guidance on the "must see" shows so we tried to hit all of those. We drove down from Waco Friday morning and I was somewhat surprised that we were able to hit the first shows without running into traffic, but by late morning the streets and booths were packed.

Another Nest Display
Lots of beautiful booths and creative displays. Although my decorating "style" is pretty traditional with primitive accents, to me the predominant look at Round Top had a lot of European influence and romantic touches, typical of what you might find in a Stampington publication.



Since this was the second to last day of the show, some of the dealers were really cutting prices. I got a cute little pillow tuck for $4 when the original price was $12! Most of my purchases were small like that, but my somewhat special find was this tin document box. They are one of my weaknesses and although this dealer had several really neat ones, I only came away with one. I don't remember seeing one with compartments before and I'll have to do some research on "Cream City". Any ideas?




No comments: